From Bombay with Love
Dishoom cafés are bustling spaces where people come together to break down barriers and share in a love of Bombay food and culture. Each restaurant pays loving homage to the Irani cafés and are deeply rooted in some aspect of Bombay history.
We are opening Dishoom Brighton in October 2023 and looking for Front of House Team Members to be part of this new Cafe.
Have you got Seva?
We believe we are at our happiest when we are contributing to the world to the best of our abilities. This goes beyond just serving people, we take them in and truly look after them. Guests and team alike.This combination of big heart and applying our minds to be first-class is called Seva, and it’s at the core of everything we do!
For our new team, we’re looking for people that have a genuine love of looking after one another.
We see every team member as valuable and important to ensuring the all-round brilliant experience for our guests. Whether you have more experience as a Waiter, or you are just starting out on your hospitality journey, we want to nurture your talent and see everyone support each other in their role.
- Greet our guests every time with a smile that makes them instantly feel welcomed.
- Taking the order for your table’s choice of food & drink, and on hand to explain anything on the menu that isn’t clear (should they wish!)
- Pour each drink to perfection and not forgetting to replace the last bottle in the fridge.
- Present each dish to your table, beaming with pride, as if you’ve entered the next Masterchef competition.
How we’ll support you
Our team is brimful of big-hearted and incredibly talented people, who are ready to support you from day one. When you join, you’ll enjoy a host of benefits to ensure you can be your best self and feel valued as part of our team:
- Wholesome team meals and bottomless hot drinks on shift
- Half price food and drink at all our cafés before 5pm and 25% discount thereafter
- The usual 28 days paid holiday, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. Plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school
- Access a share of your earned wages whenever you need it
- Industry leading Training and Development and encouragement to progress your career
- Handy bonus scheme for any successful friend you introduce to Dishoom
- Free membership to Calm; the number one meditation and sleep app
- Perkbox: Lots of amazing discounts including half price cinema tickets, savings on holidays and free coffee!
- Top-class mental health support and first aid, with a dedicated confidential advice helpline – available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
- Sporting events (including the Dishoom Premier League, our competitive in-house cricket competition) discounted gym memberships, classes and yoga sessions
- The best team parties in the industry:
- Family Mela - with music, fairground rides, food, drink and pampering
- Christmas party - every year we close all cafes for a day to throw a massive party for our big-hearted , first- class team.
- Regular nights out with team get-togethers
- Team members who work at Dishoom for 5 years are invited to attend Bombay Bootcamp – an incredible once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of Bombay with our co-founders!
What to expect
- Contracted minimum 32 hours + per week, across 5 days
- Average pay up to £15 per hour inclusive of Tronc.
- Weekly changing rota, requiring flexibility Monday - Sunday.
- We are an all-day dining Cafe, providing daytime and evening shifts.
- Smart casual dress guidelines - trainers of your choice a must have!
Our trophy cabinet
Dishoom is an award-winning place to work and we care deeply about being a place where jobs turn into satisfying, long-lasting careers.
- Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work in Hospitality (2022 & 2023)
- Casual Dining Awards – Employer of the Year (2023)
- Personnel Today Awards – Health & Wellbeing Award (2022)
- Personnel Today Awards – Learning & Development (2022)
- 17,000,000 (and counting) school meals donated as part of our charitable work with Magic Breakfast and Akshaya Patra - each and every team member has helped us get to this milestone!
Send your application today and one of our dear team will get back to invite you to meet with us.
Food & Beverage, FOH, Front of House, Hospitality Team Member, Waiter, Waitress, Head Waiter, Senior Waiter, Hospitality, Cocktail Waiter, F&B Waiter/Waitress, Head Server, Assistant Manager