From Bombay with Love
Dishoom cafés are bustling spaces where people come together to break down barriers and share in a love of Bombay food and culture. Each of our restaurants pay homage to old Irani cafés and are deeply rooted in some aspect of Bombay history.
Have you got Dishoom?
We believe we are at our happiest when we are contributing to the world to the best of our abilities. This goes beyond just serving people, we take them in and truly look after them. Guests and team alike.
We’re looking for a Chef de Partie/ Tandoor Chef to join our team. You will be on point for the preparation of our Tandoor or Curry section. You know the way around a Tandoor oven like the back of your hand and have perfected the preparation of our marinades. You will support the team on the pass by helping to receive orders coming in, and ensure we have the most first-class approach to food wastage.
How we’ll support you
Our team is brimful of big-hearted and incredibly talented people, who are ready to support you from day one. When you join, you’ll enjoy a host of benefits to ensure you can be your best self and feel valued as part of our team:
- Wholesome team meals and bottomless hot drinks on shift
- Half price food and drink at all our cafés before 5pm and 25% discount thereafter
- The usual 28 days paid holiday, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. Plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school
- Access a share of your earned wages whenever you need it
- Industry leading Training and Development and encouragement to progress your career
- Handy bonus scheme for any successful friend you introduce to Dishoom
- Free membership to Calm; the number one meditation and sleep app
- Perkbox: Lots of amazing discounts including half price cinema tickets, savings on holidays and free coffee!
- Top-class mental health support and first aid, with a dedicated confidential advice helpline - available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
- Sporting events (including the Dishoom Premier League, our competitive in-house cricket competition) discounted gym memberships, classes and yoga sessions
- The best team parties in the industry. Think:
- Huge summer festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink and pampering
- Legendary Christmas party with food, drinks and games
- Regular nights out on Dishoom with team get-togethers
- Team members who work at Dishoom for 5 years are invited to attend Bombay Bootcamp – an incredible once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of Bombay with our co-founders!
What to expect
- Contracted minimum 45 hours per week, across 5 days.
- Starting effective salary of £31,500 per year
- Weekly changing rota, requiring flexibility Monday - Sunday.
- We're an all day dinning Cafe, providing daytime and evening shifts.
- Chef whites provided - don't forget your kitchen safety shoes!
Our trophy cabinet
Dishoom is an award-winning place to work and we care deeply about being a place where jobs turn into satisfying, long-lasting careers.
- Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work in Hospitality (2022 & 2023)
- Casual Dining Awards – Employer of the Year (2023)
- Personnel Today Awards – Health & Wellbeing Award (2022)
- Personnel Today Awards – Learning & Development (2022)
- 17,000,000 (and counting) school meals donated as part of our charitable work with Magic Breakfast and Akshaya Patra - each and every team member has helped us get to this milestone!
Send your application today and one of our dear team will get back to invite you to meet with us.
Chef, Cook, Kitchen, Catering, Cook Chef, Restaurant, Cooking, Food & Beverage, Food Safety, Food Preparation, Sanitation, Hospitality, Food Quality, Tandoor Chef, Curry Chef, Chef de Partie, Tandoori Chef