From Bombay with Love
Dishoom pays homage to the old Irani cafés of Bombay, with each of our restaurants deeply rooted in some aspect of Bombay history.
Our delivery kitchens share in this love of Bombay comfort food by delivering first-class Dishoom dishes to be enjoyed at home.
Have you got Dishoom?
We believe we are at our happiest when we are contributing to the world to the best of our abilities. This goes beyond just serving people, we take them in and truly look after them. Guests and team alike.
We’re looking for calm, helpful and eager people to join us as a Delivery Driver. You love to develop new skills, thrive in a busy environment and work well with others.
What to expect
- 20 hours per week with flexibility to work up to 30 hours
- Starting rate of £15.00 per hour
- Weekly changing rota, requiring flexibility Monday - Saturday.
- As a food delivery walla at Dishoom, you will play a vital role in safely and efficiently transporting our delicious food and merchandise products from our Park Royal site to our cafés and delivery kitchens.
- You will be responsible for upholding our high food safety standards while providing exceptional customer service.
- This position requires excellent driving skills and a strong knowledge of food safety protocols as well as the physical ability to load and unload delivery vehicles.
- Safely operate and maintain the delivery vehicle, following all traffic laws and Dishoom's policies.
- Adhere to Dishoom's strict food safety and hygiene protocols during the transportation of food items to ensure quality and prevent contamination.
- Ensure that food items are securely packaged and stored appropriately to maintain freshness and presentation during delivery.
- Verify the accuracy of orders before delivery, by double-checking items against purchase orders and confirming order completeness.
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting customers, addressing inquiries, resolving concerns, and ensuring a positive delivery experience.
- Maintain meticulous records of deliveries, including temperature logs, delivery times, and any required documentation.
- Maintain the company vehicle in accordance with Dishoom policies including pre and post-shift checks and cleaning.
- Collaborate closely with the Dishoom team members to ensure efficient workflow and timely deliveries.
How we’ll support you
Our team is brimful of big-hearted and incredibly talented people, who are ready to support you from day one. When you join, you’ll enjoy a host of benefits to ensure you can be your best self and feel valued as part of our team:
- Half price food and drink at all our cafés before 5pm and 25% discount thereafter
- The usual 28 days paid holiday, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. Plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school
- Access a share of your earned wages whenever you need it
- Industry leading Training and Development and encouragement to progress your career
- Handy bonus scheme for any successful friend you introduce to Dishoom
- Free membership to Calm; the number one meditation and sleep app
- Perkbox: Lots of amazing discounts including half price cinema tickets, savings on holidays and free coffee!
- Top-class mental health support and first aid, with a dedicated confidential advice helpline – available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
- Sporting events (including the Dishoom Premier League, our competitive in-house cricket competition) discounted gym memberships, classes and yoga sessions
- The best team parties in the industry. Think:
- Huge summer festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink and pampering
- Legendary Christmas party with food, drinks and games
- Regular nights out on Dishoom with team get-togethers
- Team members who work at Dishoom for 5 years are invited to attend Bombay Bootcamp – an incredible once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of Bombay with our co-founders!
Our trophy cabinet
Dishoom is an award-winning place to work and we care deeply about being a place where jobs turn into satisfying, long-lasting careers.
- Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work in Hospitality (2022 & 2023)
- Casual Dining Awards – Employer of the Year (2023)
- Personnel Today Awards – Health & Wellbeing Award (2022)
- Personnel Today Awards – Learning & Development (2022)
- 17,000,000 (and counting) school meals donated as part of our charitable work with Magic Breakfast and Akshaya Patra - each and every team member has helped us get to this milestone!
Send your application today and one of our dear team will get back to invite you to meet with us.